Do's and Don'ts
Here are some ways to get more out of the yoga classes you attend.
- DO arrive early (10 min. before class) in order to relax and settle in. You can practice asana, stretch a little, or just stay quiet focusing on yourself.
- DO keep a vegetarian diet.
- DO ask questions in class.
- DO meditate daily for at least 5 min. when getting up or going to bed.
- DO inform the teacher about anything that might affect your practice (injuries or conditions). Modify or skip the poses you cannot or should not do.
- DO create an intention. Dedicate your practice for the benefit of a friend, a cause etc.
- DO bring a towel if you sweat a lot, wear shorts and T-shirt/tank top.
- DO NOT eat 1.5 to 2 hours before class. On a full stomach, you may get cramps or nausea. Digesting food also makes you dull and lazy when you need energy for class.
- DO NOT do inverted poses when having your monthly period.
- DO NOT bring cell phones to class
- DO NOT push it. Instead of trying to go as far into a pose as others might be able to do, do what you can without straining or injuring yourself.
- DO NOT enter class late or leave early. It's disruptive to others.
Click here to go back to the general information page.